Finish it up Friday!

So this week I manged to finish up number one on my 2013 Finish A Long list



The Liberty pillow for my sister...She loved it! Which made me happy. I think it turned out pretty good if i do say so myself. It was my first attempt at paper piecing and it won't be the last. I used this paper pieced kaleidoscope tutorial from Pitter Putter Stitch and it was great... lots of pictures, clear instructions and the finished pillow she makes... stunning!

I also managed to finish number five on my list...


My apologies for the rubbish photo... we've had no power here for most of the day, so it was pretty dark when i took this. And going outside to take photos was not an option.


This was the view from my side window, looking down the street. Ah... spring in Canada. Who doesn't love a good ice storm to kill all the newly sprung flowers, knock down trees, take out power lines.
Needless to say, while there was a lot of this going on,

Sammy insisted i take all of Max's wipes out of the box and turn him into a robot.

not a lot of machine sewing happened today. I did have this little hand sewing job to take care of though.


Max somehow managed to rip his little foot almost all the way off. Poor, Pirate Captain Bunny...(Sam named him for Max).

Then when the power came back up i also managed to finish the Ships, Stars and Pirates Arghs quilt top.


I love it! I'm hoping to make the backing tomorrow and get it quilted up this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Icy high fives!
xo, snips

linking up over at crazy mom quilts - finish it up fridays!




Comments

  1. I love your colour choice on the Liberty Pillow, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had some scraps left over after making her Christmas quilt and thought,
      "perfect for a pillow!"

      Delete
  2. Wow what a day! Congratulations on your finish!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I'll be glad when spring really gets here... I've had enough winter!

      Delete
  3. Ugh! Most of the day without power would be hard!! Lots of fabulous finishes!! I love the Liberty pillow , it looks like it is pretty big! Your Out to Sea quilt has been a favorite of mine and I love the different sized stars in it! Your son is soo cute!, I have a Super Sam too but he is a big teenager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, i guess i should have put in that the pillow is only 22" big. It's sitting on Sammy's chair... it's an antique little kids chair :)
      I was hoping to get the Out to Sea quilt finished this weekend, but no such luck. I did get the backing made up and will hopefully post pics tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. I'm in love with your liberty pillow. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts