Finish it up Friday!

Picnic Stars is complete and in the shop! I'm a sucker for a star quilt... they're just perfect for fussy cuts! (that, and they go together quickly!)


Someone had mentioned that i should maybe put some girly quilts in my shop... it would seem that most of the quilts i make are gender neutral, but leaning more to the boy side of things. I think this quilt fits the bill for girly!


The fussy cuts in the center of the stars are from the Picnic Pals line from Penguin and Fish and the star points are made with Zag Stripe in gold from Heather Bailey, as is the binding.


I straight line quilted with a variegated Sulky thread in all the sashing which made the stars pop nicely, then echoed around each star inside and out in yellow .


I lucked out with the backing fabric, finding this decor weight Amy Butler dot on sale at my LQS. It's the perfect match!



I'm quite happy with the result and i think it would make some little girl very happy! Or little boy... boys can like pink!


Yeah that's right, i totally bribed my three year old with Smarties...

Finish it up Friday party over at crazy mom quilts!

High fives for a semi productive week, i may be back later today, i've been cutting into this stack and finished off two blocks last night... (with a few problems) so if i can get more done i'll be back!
xo snips


Comments

  1. That's an adorable quilt and little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt - I love the colors. And your little boy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laugh :)Sam always brightens my day! And if Sarah has a girl I am so buying that quilt! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love...love...love this quilt. The colours made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt and yay to Smarties!!! I love his expression!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I think it is indeed very girly and would look awesome in a nursery. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before anything can I just say this is gorgeous, again love the colours!

    Anyway, just to let you know I'm nominating you for the **Super Sweet Blogging Award** I don't know if you've had one of these before, but if so here's another one! Don't feel obliged to post. However, if you would like to receive this award, simply copy and paste my post (under Super Sweet Blogging Award entry) at http://cloudcoucoucrafts.wordpress.com/ follow the rules, and spread some sweetness of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is such a great color, and the striped fabric on the binding is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet and girly!! Perfect backing, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice summery quilt. I really like the straight line quilting you did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors. Very summery! I also like the back. It is great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts