23 RTT!

So yeah, that's what i'm naming this quilt.


For those that don't get it, the fabric line is called 2wenty Thr3e, and the pattern used is called Road To Tennessee - 23 RTT, get it?! We can all agree now that i suck at naming quilts!

This was a commissioned project and i'm so glad i was able to make it! I desperately wanted this fabric when i saw it but couldn't think of any reason to justify the purchase. Thank you so much to the lovely lady who commissioned this! We shall refer to her as ACM, (i can't really say anymore, the quilt is a gift and it has yet to be given... the recipient of the gift could possibly be reading.)  I have loved working with this little stack of lovelies!


Is anyone surprised with the back of this one?... super simple, just how i like it! I used the Kodachrome pattern in pavement and floated in a strip of Admit One in pavement.


The quilting was kept to a minimum, a half inch outside each horizontal seam. I love the pattern it's made on the back and i think i'll do the same only vertically on the other Road to Tennessee quilt i have on the go. Maybe a little more quilted though.


The binding is Fox Trot in clementine, this print is perfect for bindings! And  it looks awesome with the grey!


The entire quilt finished up at 56x74.5 and was made with just the 23 line and Kona PFD for the little blocks and border. I also added two little labels to from the Multi Photo Booth print, one as a request from ACM and the other as a label for my name.


And i guess that's it! Now that the firm deadlines are done with, well i still have that little stroller quilt to just finish up for Sunday... but that's it, time to have some fun! Perhaps using some of this...


High fives for a quilt finish! Albeit, another that is not on my FAL list.
xo snips

click here for more awesomeness over at crazy mom quilts - finish it up friday!!


Comments

  1. I love this quilt! All of the warm colors with the gray look great, and love the RTT pattern. I have a hard time naming quilts myself, although sometimes they just come right to me!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! What a great pattern for that fabric. I'm sure it will make a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt!! The colors in 23 are my favorite but I haven't been able to justify buying it. That really was a perfect pattern for that fabric too. Great job all around and so glad you can now reward yourself with some fabric fun :). Hope you have a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grey / orange / yellow works great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully done! Love the whole thing!!!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your commission! The binding is great and the quilting came out wonderfully for this fabric line.

    Slightly envious of your Let's Pretend fabrics;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this quilt! Perhaps most especially the back! That little strip with the tickets is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish! It is beautiful, she should be really happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifufl quilt - really love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING quilt. I love the colors and the pattern. Perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I've been wanting to use this line too but haven't found a reason. Lucky you to have a commission! I especially like the back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors, and the admit one strip is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Nicole for making such a beautiful quilt for my best friend. She was thrilled about it and you did such a wonderful job! As soon as her little baby arrives be prepared as I will be needing another one! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts