A little bit of show and tell!

Just popping in for a minute or two to show you this!!


I finished up my modern D9P top over the weekend and love how it turned out! I used this tutorial and  started by making twenty - nine patch blocks using four prints and five white squares in a variety of patterns, then chopity chopity! 
I love the result it yields, even if you do have to sew everything together then press it all, then cut it up, then sew it all, then press it all again... so worth it!

Now, what i'm wondering is, if i was making this quilt for you what colour would you want on the back? You all know i like my backs simple so i want a solid in one of the colours from the front, with a bit of one of the prints mixed in. I just can't decide on what colour to use, help!

High fives for everyone that helps! Okay high fives for everyone!!
xo snips

And also, on a totally unrelated note, i'm thinking about putting up a tutorial for this...


Hopefully on Thursday, stay tuned!!

Comments

  1. Lovely top! What about using a bright coral matched with a stripe of one of the lower volume prints for the back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This great! What a great interpretation on the nine-patch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt! I really like the randomish layout and vote for grey, orange and/or pink for the back. And that dresden/flower is very cooL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neato! I kind of like the lighter pinkish/apricot color. Something fresh and bright for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for that warm yellow color. But I'm on a yellow kick lately. That dresden-y thing is so cool, I love it! More please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that quilt top! Red backing all the way! Also, yes please to the tutorial :) looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're getting a lot of different answers! I'm no help chiming in with something different--I like grey, like Kona Ash maybe. (Though Coal would hide dirt better, a major issue in my house.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colours are so gorgeous!I'd definitely go with the ash grey, but I'd include some of the gold, and probably bind in the red! I can't even leave well enough alone, though :^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the "softer" colours of this quilt, so I would probably go with a pretty, soft, light pink for the back (even though I am generally not a fan of pink). I'd probably bind it with the dark pink.

    goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your top looks great. It's kind of peaceful and quiet so I would kick off the back with that bright orange I see in there. Just to cheer that up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say in the yellow/gold color, but that may be on the bright side. Love the little bits of AMH fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your D9P looks awesome!! I love how the D9P creates such a random, modern look. and I can't wait to see your tutorial (even if it's not done Thursday, ha!)

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts