Finish it up Friday - the pillow edition!

So i was hoping to have a little bit more to show today, but i've been waylaid by a certain bloggy friend/enabler who shall remain {nameless}. We had been emailing back and forth and she sent me a link to the NYC Mod Blog's DWR Challenge... cause that's what i need, another project! So a lot of my sewing time has been spent on Pinterest and sketching things out on my graph pad. And while i haven't fully decided if i'll be entering, a DWR is on my list of quilts to make someday... why not now?! Needless to say i didn't get the next border for my Indian Summer quilt finished and this post will be relatively short. Though i'm sure after my last post you're all relieved to hear that!

So without further ado, may i present my 23 pillow!


After piecing this one and seeing how busy it was with all the pattern i thought i'd keep the quilting to a minimum... a quarter inch on each side of the seams, in keeping with the square in square theme going on!


I used the Kodachrome in pavement for the back, and because i loved the way the strip of tickets looked on the back of the 23 RtT quilt i thought i'd add a strip here too!



Did you see it?! I'm guessing some of you that have made an envelope back for a pillow may know what i've done.


That's right! When laying out the sodding pieces for the back i put them down in the wrong order and and didn't notice until after i sewn the whole thing together... with my zig zag stitch. Doh!


I'm so not unpicking that! It's not exactly what i wanted but it still looks nice, so when i get a chance today i'll be putting it into my shop! It's in the shop! 
SOLD!


This little gal finishes up, after washing, at just under 16 inches.
Paper pieced with Moda's 2wenty Thr3e line ( i just can't get enough of this fabric!) using this pattern, the link also has a tutorial for those that want to give this a try but have never paper pieced before. This block is very easy and great for newbies! Give it a try!

Linking with all the usual suspects!

High fives for the weekend! And a couple more for finishing another on my Q3 FAL list!
xo snips

Comments

  1. Whhaaatt? Another project?!? You have lost it. I think you need to go back and reread Wednesdays post. You have massive goals for this quarter but I guess sometimes you need to go where inspiration takes you. I love, love, love how your 23 cushion finished and the quilting is perfect!! Thanks too for the link to the block, it's on my to do list!! Happy graphing and sketching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. I have been meaning to tell you I love your updated header...will you update mine too?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pillow! I love the camera print on the back. You're one busy lady and you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Pillow! I really like the fabric choices. Another project sounds exciting. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I really like this! I like how you arranged the fabrics with the polka dots in the diamonds. That is a neat pattern, I will have to check it out. Really like your new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors in this pillow, and I like the quilting along the seam lines. Girl, you are *ambitious* to even consider starting another project. But of course, whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be fabulous!

    I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out awesome! Can't wait to try that block out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a cute pillow!! Love the camera print too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok you know that this will be purchased very soon by yours truly. Is shipping free though? especially since I will pick it up!!
    Awesome job Cole so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fab!(Even in the inside, lol) I have done that many a time. The quilting is perfect. I love this line also, but havent tried any yet. Must do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts